Wednesday, January 25, 2006

"Danny Boy"

Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side
The summer's gone, and all the flowers are dying
'tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide.

But come ye back when summer's in the meadow
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow
cos I'll be there in sunshine or in shadow
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so.

And if you come, when all the flowers are dying
And I am dead, as dead I well may be
You'll come and find the place where I am lying
And kneel and say an "Ave" there for me.

And I shall hear, tho' soft you tread above me
And all my grave will warm and sweeter be
For you will bend and tell me that you love me
And i shall sleep in peace until you come to me.
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so.


Danny boy is a song I used to learn in choir in secondary school.
It is about the boy, Danny who has to leave for war.
Leaving the girl who loved him at home.
Some Irish American song and i totally dig it!
it is the kind of song that will set all your goose pimples on the loose
hahaha.
it is such a lovely song.
I really enjoyed my choir days in secondary school.
although i decided to leave choir after 2 years,
(bcos it was too boring to just keep singing in a room)
the 2 years spent in choir was terrific for me.
I was in choir when i was in AJC for the first three months too.
gee.
anyway, nothing.
just felling nostalgic when i suddenly decide to find the lyrics of "danny boy"
and refresh my memory on how to sing that song.
:)

sindy dear urged me not to cut my hair!
i'm feeling so torn between cutting or not cutting.
hahaha.. such a pussy.
because i really really hate my hair now.
i want to have a nice hairdo for new year at least.
but on the contrary, i'm dying to tie my hair all up!
oh man.
i think i should bear with it.
AND NOT CUT!
*determined*
just make do with it. (-_-)

"it is actually such a cute and nice hairstyle..."
trying to brainwash myself



miu is popping by for dinner with my family tonight!
:)
yesterday when i was at his place,
his granny called my name wrongly!
and to make matter worse, she called me his ex girlfriend's name!
*faints*
actually i didn't really hear the grave mistake
but apparently miu could hear it from the kitchen and then
he came out to ask if i heard it.
sigh. sian.
my name not nice meh? why must call me by another name?
and someone else's name somemore.
i think i'm the typical kind of person who will be super paranoid.
no ghost is going to haunt me if i won't allow them to.
but the ghost of miu and his old girls keep coming back to me sometimes.

i know it is somehow inevitable that we might often chance back upon those history.
i really dislike thinking about them.
yikes.
no no peggy, you're the best!
just have to make yourself believe in that yea.
(erm..)
Comments: Post a Comment